Rationalizing Rules Sets
Nymity LawTables™ helps the privacy office identify common requirements across jurisdictions and identify the jurisdictions with additional requirements (often referred to as outliers). Using this knowledge, the privacy office can develop a single set of policies and procedures that address the majority of requirements and map their program to the applicable laws and regulations. This helps the privacy office to prioritize its efforts and maximize the return on investment for compliance, that is, to focus first on the areas that provide the greatest coverage of legal requirements.
For this use case, the Nymity LawTables™ solution supports the privacy office in reducing privacy risk helping the privacy office to:
- Maximize return on investment for compliance when one activity satisfies multiple legal requirements
- Identify and document responses to conflicts in law or differences in standards
- Prioritize efforts by first focusing on the areas that provide the greatest coverage of legal requirements
- Respond quickly to new and changed laws and regulations
- Avoid duplicated effort by easily identifying where to leverage activities in one jurisdiction to satisfy requirements in another
- Provide meaningful advice to stakeholders such as business, compliance, and legal executives business
- Create quick tables for specific business activities, for example, outsourcing
- Create quick tables based on privacy principles, for example, consent or notice
- Identify case law and regulator decisions by Rule to ensure the Rules of law are interpreted by the privacy office and aligned with the expectations of Regulators and Courts (conditional on subscription to the Nymity Research™ solution)
- Work more efficiently with law firms to create better compliance outcomes
This use case is designed to use as a business case to justify the purchase of the Nymity LawTables™ solution.